Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hidden Treasures

Most everyone who knows me, knows that I am a running nerd.  
Bunnies & Chicks will surround this tree.
Holiday Tree along the weekend path I run
One of the aspects of running I love the most is that you just never know what hidden treasures you'll discover when out on a run. 


Every weekend I like to get in one long run, and my long run typically takes me to a pedestrian path which infuses my run with nature: trees, flowers, critters, and the holiday tree.

I first noticed the Holiday Tree at Christmastime one cold and foggy morning, and of course took a photo.  
This tree is ready for the day of joy & cheer.
Holiday Tree at Christmastime

Christmas came and went, and I was excited to see the tree all decked out for Valentine's Day! I snapped another picture, and began to notice a pattern with this wonderful tree off to the side of the pedestrian path. 



All ready for the day of love
Holiday Tree ready for Valentine's Day













Expectations for St. Patrick's Day were high, it did not disappoint for come March the tree was in top top shape for the day of pinch-me-if-I-don't-wear-green! 
The holiday tree is all decorated for St. Paddy's Day!
There will be no pinching This Holiday Tree!




I have no idea who decorates this tree, but as you can see from the first photo above, the Holiday Tree is ready for Easter, and in fact as I approached it on my run this weekend, I actually exclaimed out loud, "Yes!" as I realized my favorite little tree was sporting Easter decor.

Here's to hoping come 4th Of July this humble Holiday Tree is trimmed in red-white-and-blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment